Sean P. Dent MSN, ACNP-BC, CCRN
My name is Sean P. Dent. I’m the host of The Change of Shift Podcast. I’m an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. I’ve been a Nurse blogger for just shy of 10 years. I’m also a Coach, a Weightlifter and I CrossFit.
My co-host and I have a Podcast for Nurses. We’re out to help inform and educate Nurses. We ask difficult questions, tackle challenging issues and share valuable information that encompasses the professional and personal lives of Nurses.
I am second-degree nurse who has worked in telemetry, orthopedics, surgical services, oncology and at times as a travel nurse. As a CCRN certified critical care nurse I’ve worked in cardiac, surgical as well as trauma intensive care nursing. After five years practicing as an RN, I pursued and attained my Masters of Science in Nursing. I currently practice as a Board Certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP-BC) in a Shock Trauma urban teaching hospital.
I have been in healthcare for over 20 years. I originally received a bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sport Science where I worked as a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC).
You may recognize me. I’m the former blogger for Scrubs Magazine and the YouTube channel Scrubs Beat.
I’m a a Certified USAW Level 1 Sports Performance Olympic Weightlifting Coach, a Certified CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, and a Mobility coach.
Other fun facts about me:
Sean P. Dent, MSN, ACNP-BC, CCRN
- I’ve worked in Critical Care all my nursing career. Nursing is my second career.
- I am a CCRN certified nurse.
- I am an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. Graduated April 2013 (MSN Degree).
- I have guest blog posted for Hive Health Media.
- I love the beach. The warmer the weather, the better.
- I am a coffee addict.
- I shave my head daily. Sunblock is my best friend.
- I love all things iOS & OSX. Love my iPhone6 & iMac.
- I have a very large scar across my neck that reminds me how precious life really is.
- I am a former Jar Head – USMC.
- I am married to an amazing woman, who’s also an RN. We have 2 crazy cats.
- I am a #mobility coach.
- I am a weightlifter. I compete in Master’s Division USAW sanctioned meets.
- I eat Paleo (90% of the time).
I hope we can connect: sean.dent.com