Learning opportunities to augment your current and future skill practice. A way of maintaining your highest level of practice competency to provide optimum care to your patients.
I interview Wes. He’s a Clinical Nurse Educator of Emergency Services in a busy inner city Emergency Department. He’s been a nurse just over two and half years. Wes approached me on Twitter wanting to share his passion for education.
Here are some of his interview questions:
- Your favorite part of Nursing? Least favorite part?
- You’re a Clinical Nurse Educator in the ED (after only 2.5yrs in the profession). Tell us about that.
- Where did the passion for education come from?
- What do you find most challenging in your role?
- What do you find the most gratifying (enjoyable)?
- Why should other Nurses care about Education? Continuing Education? I mean we graduated and have our license. Isn’t that enough?
- FOAMed I’ve heard of and is a little more known (at least 2 years). But FOANed?
- What advice do you have for new Nurses?
Wes was kind enough to mention a couple Emergency Medicine professionals during our interview that have influenced him, here they are: