We had the pleasure of talking with Kate L Erickson
She’s the Content Creator and Community Leader for Entrepreneur on Fire (EOFire) with John Lee Dumas. She author’s the EOFire blog and runs her own Podcast Kate’s Take: The EOFire Audio Blog, where she shares advice with entrepreneurs who are just starting.
She’s been involved in advertising and marketing since 2008, started as a fan of EOFire before becoming part of the EOFire HQ team.
The goal of our Podcast is to ask difficult questions, tackle challenging issues and share valuable information that encompasses the professional and personal lives of Nurses.
We feel our listeners (Nurses) can learn from Kate’s life’s lessons and her success. It’s no secret, we have colleagues who are stuck in a rut in our profession. Job satisfaction is low and many are on the brink of Nurse Burnout. We believe getting an outsider’s view (not a Nurse) on how to avoid this rut as well as tips on what to do when we are slipping would be invaluable.
We had some technical difficulties again with our show. It’s one of the risks conducting our show via a live video chat (blab.im).
Here are the highlights from our interview:
- Tips on pursuing your dreams and how to push through failure.
- Have to do the upfront work to succeed.
- Nursing is Entrepreneurial!
- Kate has experienced failure in business.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Take risks. Face your fears.
- Yes it’s tough – it’s tough for a reason.
- Are you fulfilled in your job? Do you have passion?
- There is a difference between a tough day and having an underlying desire to do more.
- Why are you waiting for someone else to recognize you or your efforts?
- Surround yourself with the right people (who will support you)
- Time management tips and strategies
- Kate’s book she authored: The Fire Path: A Beginners Guide to Growing Your Online Business.
- Essentialism: when you say yes to one thing, you are saying no to another thing.
We cannot thank Kate enough for putting aside some time during her busy schedule to come talk with us. She already made the kind suggestion to return in the future and we’ll definitely be taking her up on the offer!
Don’t forget to download our Podcast!